Maulana Rumi Quotes Collection and Thoughts of Rumi
If you want to know a little more about this interesting Persian thinker, below you can find a selection of Maulana Rumi Quotes collection and thoughts which may help you discover new ways of understanding the world around us.
Introduction of Rumi
Rumi was a 13th-century Islamic scholar and theologian of Persian origin. The author of the text called the Ma’arif is considered one of the great pillars of Sufi culture. The influences of this great writer spread throughout the Muslim world and even outside it.
The particular way of looking at life that Rumi shows in his works can be fully accepted in the current western world. For many of the existential questions that we can all ask ourselves today, he has already asked himself throughout his existence.
Maulana Rumi Quotes Collection
1. Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone for others. Reveal your own myth.
We must fight to make our own dreams come true, to be bold.
2. Answer every call that excites your spirit.
In life, we must dedicate ourselves to what most attracts us and that makes us as individuals.
3. Work in the invisible world at least as hard as you do in the visible.
Dedicating part of our time to intellectual work can bring us great benefits.
4. You must tear down parts of a building to restore it, and the same goes for a life that has no spirit.
We can all rebuild our lives and throw away those things that we don’t need.
5. Become heaven. Use an ax against the prison wall. Escape.
We have the ability to make our dreams come true, but we must also have the necessary attitude.
6. Each one has been manufactured for a particular job, and the desire for that job has been placed in each heart.
Finding what we were born for depends only on ourselves.
7. I am iron resisting the largest magnet there is.
Resisting the negative temptations that life can present to us will help us achieve our goals.
8. Before death takes away what you have been given, give what you have to give.
Before we die, we must leave our material assets to our loved ones.
9. Who gets up early to discover the moment when the light begins?
He who begins his work early in the day, luck will accompany him.
10. Melt the snow. Wash yourself.
With our willpower, we can redo what we do not like about ourselves.
11. Isn’t it time to turn your heart to a temple of fire?
It depends on our willpower to achieve our personal goals.
12. What you are looking for is looking for you.
That which we most desire in life is waiting for us to find it.
13. There is a source within you. Don’t walk with an empty bucket.
We all have the qualities necessary to achieve our goals, but it is up to us to be aware of them.
14. Put your thoughts to sleep, do not let them cast a shadow on the moon of your heart.
Negative thoughts and doubts can be a great obstacle to doing what we really want to do, we should not listen to them.
15. Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and the stars reflected in your own being.
With a calm spirit, we will be more aware of the situation we find ourselves in. (Maulana Rumi Quotes)
16. Do not grieve, anything you lose comes back differently.
In life we all suffer ups and downs and as long as we live we can recover from them.
17. Beauty surrounds us, but normally we need to walk in a garden to know it.
Many times we are not aware of how lucky we are in life. We must stop to think and discover those positive aspects that we have in our life.
18. There is a basket of fresh bread on your head and you still go door to door asking for crusts.
Not listening to our thoughts and letting ourselves be carried away by the opinions of others is something we usually do, we must reflect and be aware of what we want.
19. My soul is from another place, I am sure of that, and I intend to end there.
Is there really a soul? It is up to us to assess it.
20. This is how we are with wine and good food. We love and we get drunk, then comes the headache and the hangover.
Abusing certain pleasures will take its toll on us in the long run.
21. There are a thousand ways to kneel and kiss the earth.
The same act can be represented in many ways and also have many different meanings.
22. God passes you from one feeling to another And teaches you through the opposites so that you have two wings to fly, not one.
The positive and negative aspects of life teach us the difference between each other so that we can know how to appreciate them. (Maulana Rumi Quotes)
23. When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving within you, a joy. When the action comes from another section, the feeling disappears.
Those actions that we carry out from our absolute conviction are those that will bring us the most interior growth and personal pleasure.
24. My head explodes with the joy of strangers. My heart expands a thousand times.
The search for happiness is something that we all pursue and live in very different ways in our lives.
25. Some things open our wings, some things make boredom and pain go away.
The positive experiences we live make life worth living, comfort, and motivate us.
26. This is how I will die in my love for you: like pieces of cloud dissolve in sunlight.
Love can be a very powerful force and live within us throughout our existence.
27. I do not regret how much I love, and avoid those who regret their passion.
We should not regret what we once did for our personal satisfaction, because in life it is what we will take.
28. Silence is the language of God, everything else is poor translation.
In silence, all people are equal, languages separate peoples and generate differences between individuals.
29. The early morning breeze has secrets to tell you. Do not go to sleep.
At night we can use our free time to reflect and unleash our thoughts.
30. Where there is ruin, there is hope for a treasure. (Maulana Rumi Quotes)
To be able to improve in one aspect, it always has to be improvable, from the direst situations the greatest empires have arisen.
31. Do not think that the garden loses its ecstasy in winter. It is silent, but its roots are down there.
Even when everything seems lost, there is always the opportunity to start over and rebuild everything we once had.
32. Raise your words, not your voice. It is the rain that makes the flowers grow, not thunder.
In life, in order to prosper, we need our ideas in order to achieve glory.
33. Love comes with a knife, not with some shy question, and not with fear of its reputation. (Maulana Rumi Quotes)
Love can be very painful and when it has hurt us it costs a lot to trust it again.
34. This love is the rose that blooms forever.
Love can be something imperishable and live forever within our being.
35. Only from the heart can you touch the sky.
Without love or passion, we will never achieve what we most desire in life, happiness.
36. Don’t turn around. Keep your eyes on the bandaged place. That’s where the light comes in.
Our wounds allow us to learn from error and improve as individuals so that it does not happen again. (Maulana Rumi Quotes)
37. Water the fruit trees and not the thorns.
We must value what contributes the most in life and take care of it as it deserves.
38. How can I know something about the past or future when the light of the beloved shines only now.
The only thing we really have in life is now, the past cannot be changed and the future has not yet happened.
39. The pain that we embrace turns into joy. Take it into your arms where it can change.
Knowing how something hurt us will allow us to understand where we failed and how we can avoid it.
40. Allow yourself to be silenced by the greater pull of what you truly love.
Striving to make our dreams come true is something that must be our highest priority.
41. Become living poetry. (Maulana Rumi Quotes)
Self-improvement and personal growth must accompany us throughout our existential journey.
42. Dance in the middle of the fight. Dance in your blood. Dance, when you’re perfectly free.
The attitude that we put to life will be our key to open the doors of happiness.
43. Now is the time to unite the soul and the world. Now is the time to see the sunlight and the darkness as one.
Believing in ourselves is something extremely important, being aware of our strengths and weaknesses so that we can take advantage of them in our favor.
44. Take sips of this pure wine that is poured. Don’t worry that you’ve been given a dirty glass.
We should not give more importance to things that do not really have it.
45. Be a lamp, a lifeboat, or a ladder. It helps heal someone’s soul. Get out of your house like a pastor.
Helping others in their personal way will also help us in ours because life will pay us with the same currency with which we pay.
46. Light your life. Look for those who light your flames.
Those who support us in life as friends and family will be the ones to push us to achieve our vital goals.
47. Then worry about what you really value and let the thief take something else.
We do not need material goods that do not bring us happiness, we must know how to get rid of everything that is not really essential to us. (Maulana Rumi Quotes)
48. Purify your eyes, and see the purity of the world. Your life will be filled with radiant shapes.
The world is a wonderful place full of positive aspects, but it is up to us to know how to interpret it.
49. The visible and invisible center of the universe smiles, but remember that smiles come better than those who cry.
We must help and comfort the afflicted because a happy world is a better world for all.
50. There is a way to breathe that is a shame and a hot flash, and there is another way to breathe out, a breath of love, that allows you to open up infinitely.
Giving is better than receiving because with the act of giving we will help someone and also enrich ourselves.
51. Come here where the roses have opened. Let the soul and the world know each other.
Finding spiritual and spiritual peace depends on our predisposition to it.
52. Ignorance is the prison of God. Wisdom is the palace of God.
Everything we learn throughout our lives will help us to be more complete and happier people.
53. A secret freedom is opened through a crack that can hardly be seen.
The little things in life are those that make us happier because with them we find our inner peace.
54. Sell your intelligence and buy the bewilderment.
Our thoughts are what drives us in our work activity, with them we can reach the top. (Maulana Rumi Quotes)
55. As you start to walk out of the way, the way appears.
Leaving our comfort zone we can find a new way of seeing life and being able to live in a much more complete way.
56. I have lived on the verge of madness, wanting to know the reasons and knocking on a door. He had been calling from the inside!
In order to know what we want in life, we must first ask ourselves.
57. The scar is the place where the light enters you.
Through our mistakes, we can improve as individuals and grow in our personal lives.
58. Your legs will become heavy and tired. Then the time will come to feel the wings you have raised.
Freedom of thought allows us to move in time and space without leaving a room, that is the only freedom that can never be taken from us. (Maulana Rumi Quotes)
59. Everyone who knows the power of dance dwells in God.
Dance can help us a lot both physically and spiritually, it has many positive aspects.
60. Today, like any other day, we wake up empty and afraid. That the beautiful that loves to be what we do. (Maulana Rumi Quotes)
Every day we live is a new opportunity to do what we really want to do.
61. There is a morning inside you, waiting to burst into the light.
It is up to us to take that first step to begin the path that leads us to our happiness
62. If you could spread your wings and free your soul from jealousy, you and everyone around you would fly high like doves.
We should let other people find their own happiness and rejoice when we think they have found it.
63. Keep calling and the joy inside will eventually open up, and you will see who is there.
We must be persistent, and in the end, life will open the doors of happiness for us.
64. In your light I learn how to love. In your beauty how to make poems. You dance inside my chest, where nobody sees you, but sometimes, I do it and that light becomes this art.
When we feel love towards a person, it can inspire us to improve as individuals, to be our muse.
65. You were born with wings. Why do you prefer to crawl through life?
We should not set limits in life, we can achieve whatever we set out to do.
66. Why should I stay at the bottom of the well when a strong rope is in my hand?
Finding the path we want to follow in life depends on ourselves, we must realize that it has always been there waiting for us to walk it.
67. Why are you so enchanted with this world when a gold mine beats inside you?
Inside, we have all the qualities necessary to reach the highest, we must polish our imperfections in order to shine in life.
68. Lovers are nowhere to be found. They find each other all the time.
Love between two people is something that arises without anyone can avoid it and appears in the most unsuspected places.
69. To change, a person must face the dragon of his appetites with another dragon, the vital energy of the soul.
We decide with our thoughts how we really are, the only way to change as individuals is by changing our way of thinking.
70. Wear gratitude like a cloak and it will feed every corner of your life.
Being nice to those around us will help us establish better personal relationships in life.
71. Here is a letter for everyone. Open it. He says; “lives”.
We must live life to its fullest and take advantage of every second it gives us.
72. These pains you feel are messengers. Listen to them.
When something brings us sadness or restlessness we must let it go, it is not doing us any good.
73. Empty yourself of worry. Why do you stay in prison when the door is so wide? Move out of the tangle of fear.
Many times it is we ourselves who with our thoughts self-boycott, we must trust our abilities.
74. Yesterday I was smart, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I want to change myself.
In order to change our life, the first thing we must change is ourselves, our thoughts, and concerns.
75. Your task is not to seek love, but to seek and find the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.
We are ourselves our greatest enemies and those who harm us the most day by day.
76. Sow the love of the saints within your spirit; do not give your heart to anything except the love of those with happy hearts.
We must love those who bring us the most happiness in our lives, those who add positively with their own love for us.
77. Beyond the ideas of good and evil there is a field. We will meet there. When the soul lies on that grass, the world is too full to speak.
If there is an afterlife, someday we will all find ourselves in it. Rumi firmly believed in its existence.
78. Stop acting so small. You are the universe in static motion.
We can be as great as we want to be, our actions and thoughts will allow us to do so.
79. We are born of love; Love is our mother.
Love is one of the forces by which society moves, without it our lives become much more unsatisfactory.
80. When the lips are silent, the heart has a hundred tongues.
Love is demonstrated by our actions, not our words, with an act we can demonstrate it to anyone, even if they speak to us in another language.
You May Also Like: