In the text that you will find below you will be able to discover 80 best inspirational and motivational quotes by Roger Federer where you will be able to discover many ideas about him, both in his facet as a tennis player as well as his own personality and reflections on sport and his life.
1. When you do something better in life, you really don’t want to give it up, and for me, it’s tennis.
In order to reach the highest level practicing any sport, we must be absolute lovers of it.
2. I always believe that if you are trapped in a hole and maybe things are not going well, you will come out stronger. Everything in life is like this.
With patience and perseverance we will succeed in our lives, we can be sure of that.
3. I had to learn to be patient.
The patience is a virtue that not all men possess.
4. I can’t stay number 1 for fifty years, you know. We’ll see what happens.
Time, in the end, takes its toll on any athlete, after all we are all people.
5. I am not afraid of anyone, but I respect everyone.
Without a doubt, this is a very good way to see our own rivals.
6. We cannot always agree on everything.
Arguing with our loved ones is something that we all do in our privacy.
7. My father said: if you become a tennis pro just make sure you are in the top 100.
Our parents are often the ones who push us to improve, in the case of Roger Federer it was like that.
8. I am now the Wimbledon champion, and I think that gives me even more confidence in the Olympics.
Achieving our goals is something that rewards us with enough self-esteem to continue moving forward.
9. I enjoy the position I have as a tennis player because I am responsible for each victory and each defeat.
The tennis player is an athlete who depends solely and exclusively on himself.
10. I am a very positive thinker, and I think that is what helps me the most in difficult times.
Being positive is a quality that can help us in any situation that we find ourselves.
11. The service, I think, is the most difficult, you know, in terms of coordination, because you have both arms going, and you have to throw it at the right time.
Service is one of the most fundamental aspects of tennis, having great service is something only worthy of the best tennis players.
12. I did everything right in many tournaments. But like I said, sometimes in sports it just goes the other way.
Sport is a world that only its practitioners understand, you have to be part of it to understand it one hundred percent.
13. I have always been very flexible. I don’t care if I practice at nine in the morning or at 10 at night.
Being able to keep a flexible schedule is something that not every professional can do, in order to do it there must be a great commitment on our part.
14. My heart is in South Africa, through my mother. My mother is from there.
As we see in this phrase, Federer has South African roots, something that not all his fans know.
15. My favorite shot will always be the forehand shot. It was always my favorite shot when I was young, so it’s the one I’ve earned all the points with.
Every great athlete knows his strengths and weaknesses perfectly.
16. You have to dedicate hours because there is always something you can improve.
In order to achieve excellence, we must be able to dedicate a large part of our time to it.
17. I’m a fan of those old traditional places, and Rome is as good as it sounds, especially with Italian food.
Rome is a wonderful city that, like any other person, enchants this great tennis player.
18. I’ve always been aware that the image you patiently build for an entire career can be ruined in a minute.
Trust is something that costs a lot to gain and can be lost in a single minute.
19. Obviously, games and all those things take their toll on your body and so on. But as you get older, wiser and more experienced, you also know how to handle it.
The passing of the years takes its toll all over the world, but knowing ourselves can help us know how to successfully carry out our particular physical change.
20. I try to do my best not to get angry and stay positive, and that’s my biggest improvement in all those years.
Our attitude will be vital to achieve victory, only a winning attitude will lead us towards it.
21. You have to put in a lot of sacrifice and effort sometimes for little reward, but you have to know that if the right effort is made, the reward will come.
Every great reward involves great effort on our part, whether physical or mental.
22. I always look long term.
Roger Federer is very wise in focusing his own career on the long term, the greatest achievements need his time to develop.
23. The only thing you can do for sure is push luck on your side.
With our daily work luck will tend to favor us, without it, it may very likely not be so.
24. I definitely feel there is room for improvement.
We all have room for improvement, it depends on our sacrifice to be able to correct it.
25. I’m on an incredible streak.
Being able to achieve a great streak depends on a large number of factors, which start with ourselves and end with our rivals.
26. One always expects defeat from time to time. So when it happens, why be disappointed if I win more than 90% of my matches?
We must not let a temporary defeat depress us or reduce our morale, we can recover and come out enormously strengthened.
27. I have practiced a lot.
Practice is essential to achieve excellence in the future.
28. I have two lives, and all the problems I may have, I feel like I drop them once I get on the court.
Any great athlete must leave their problems behind, when practicing the sport they love so much.
29. I am not playing to demonstrate anything to journalists. I’m playing for myself, for my fans, to make people happy.
We must practice the sport that most fulfills us individually, the rest is not really important.
30. Success is a good thing because it always means that you have stepped forward and it gives you a sense of pride, which in turn gives you confidence.
Success is a feeling that we all want to savor and that the great tennis player Roger Federer knows perfectly.
31. I always have in my mind that I can crush anyone. That’s not a problem. But I think it is the same for most athletes. If you don’t think you can win tournaments anymore then you can’t do it.
Having our firm decision is a totally indispensable factor to be able to achieve victory in any sport we practice.
32. Previously I always thought it was just tactical and technical, but every game has become almost mental and physical. I try to make an effort to move well.
Tennis currently has a great physical appearance, tennis players like Rafa Nadal take full advantage of this factor and Federer knows that he cannot be left behind.
33. I always had a dream that, once I became number 1 in the world, that if I had a child, I hoped to have it early enough that the child could see me play.
For this tennis player, his children are the most important thing in his life, that his son watching him play was seen by him as a dream.
34. Oh my gosh, I don’t think any player can expect or expect a run of so many Grand Slam wins or titles or be that long at the top of the game.
Without a doubt, Federer’s career is extremely prolific, hopefully he will continue to surprise us for much longer.
35. I have to adapt vacations to tournaments, particularly grand slams, in Melbourne, Paris, London and New York.
In order to perform at our best we must also know how to take a well-deserved rest from time to time.
36. There is no way to avoid hard work. Hug him.
Hard work is always present in the life of every winner.
37. Sometimes I get different answers. Like, he didn’t even know that about me. I know myself through different languages, actually.
As an international athlete, Federer must be able to understand and express himself in several languages.
38. Sometimes you have to accept that a boy played better that day than you.
We cannot be at the highest level every day of the year, we are not robots.
39. I used to get nervous, you know, if my parents would come to watch. And then I would get nervous if my friends came and looked.
The opinion that our friends and family have about us can be something really important, we must take care of that opinion.
40. I don’t mind that fans come in a friendly and respectful manner. That’s part of the fun of being a top tennis player.
When we play at the highest level in any sport, fans are almost always a direct consequence of our success.
41. Before, I suppose, mom and dad were everything, but now, in my case, I had two new girls and suddenly they completely depend on me and there is a third generation. It’s a fun change all of a sudden. You have the babies, you have yourself, and then you have your parents.
Our parents and children always make up our hardest family nucleus, the most important thing in the life of any of us.
42. Clearly, when you win everything, it’s fun. That doesn’t necessarily mean you love the game more.
Our love for the sport can be put to the test more when we are defeated, in that case, it is when we really demonstrate our true dedication.
43. What I think I have been able to do well over the years is to play with pain, play with problems, play in all kinds of conditions.
On certain days we wish we didn’t have to play, but when we play at the highest level, we can’t make that kind of compromise.
44. Being a husband is as high a priority for me as being a father.
Our duty to our wife is something that we must never abandon.
45. The service was too young and too small and… not powerful enough to have good service when I was young.
In order to have a good service our physical condition must be exceptional, this is something that not all tennis players come to possess.
46. When I won in 2003, never in my wildest dreams did I think that I would win Wimbledon and that my children would see me lift the trophy.
You never know what life has in store for you, we must be positive and fight for our dreams.
47. You know, I don’t just play for log books.
We must play for our love of sport and our personal enjoyment.
48. Early in my career, I fought consistently.
Maintaining our highest level will allow us to fight at the highest levels of the sport.
49. You have to believe in your long-term plan, but you need short-term goals to motivate and inspire you.
A tip that we can all adapt to our own lives, small achievements motivate us to continue.
50. I always had the dream.
Not abandoning our dreams, difficult as they are, will give us the opportunity in the future to achieve them.
51. A man who wins is a man who believes he can.
If we do not have the hope of being able to win, indeed, we will not achieve victory.
52. I like to play against guys who beat me early in my career, trying to get revenge. I think it will be interesting to see how we have both improved.
Self-improvement is something that can motivate us throughout our lives, we must take advantage of it.
53. I don’t think we can afford to change our game just for a particular opponent that we play with.
Achieving a consistent style of play is something that takes a long time to perfect, it is not something that can be changed overnight.
54. I don’t feel like a loser, I feel good. I know it sounds strange, because people are used to me winning.
Maintaining high morale even in losses can help us digest them in a much better way.
55. For a Roland Garros final to be special, Rafa Nadal must be present.
The rivalry between these two great tennis players is considered legendary, the most famous today.
56. I have not waited 27 years, because 27 years ago I had just been born. My parents never told me, if you don’t win Roland Garros, will we take you to the orphanage?
Our parents will always support us no matter what we achieve, their faith in us is something that will never disappear.
57. Once you go through all that, you are a different player.
The most difficult situations help us to improve and strengthen us as individuals.
58. Achieving this mark is nice, it is very good, although it does not make me win the tournament. It is simply a new opportunity to go one step further and improve what I did last year.
Breaking the established records is something that Federer has been doing for a long time, but even so, this great player knows how to be cautious in his statements.
59. I don’t think much has changed in his game since we played in the final in Bangkok (2005). Not that I’m disappointed but I thought he would have made some change over the years. For me it is going to be smoothed out until it is consumed in the coming years if he keeps playing like this since he tends to wait a lot for the opponent’s mistakes. It stands far behind the track and that means you have to run a lot. Today I gave him the mistakes he needed to win, but I think that in the distance, thinking of a 15-year career, you have to want to earn a point more often than wait for your opponent to miss. That’s what has worked for me over the years, but who knows… may be it surprises us all and plays well for 20 years.
As the great tennis player that is Federer analyzes all the physical and technical aspects of his rival, always looking for the way to beat him.
60. What he did is very good but…Is there a big difference between being the 3rd or 4th in the world? I think not. It’s about being 1 or 2 and being the best ranked. That’s what it is for Andy. I won the US Open and Rafa won the Australian Open. Murray unfortunately did not win the Masters.. Djokovic did. He did not win major tournaments, although he was very solid in the Masters series.
In order to be number one, our consistency is a totally essential aspect in any sport we practice.
61. Under pressure I can see things very clearly.
When we are under great pressure, we must be fully focused in order to achieve victory.
62. I amaze myself with the amazing way I use my talent to win.
Having reached the highest levels in this sport, it is something that surprises even Federer himself.
63. Those who followed me when I was younger, knew I had potential, but I don’t think anyone thought I would ever dominate the game like that.
When we are young our potential can be enormous, but being able to exploit it to the maximum depends on our total dedication.
64. I can mix my game too well for Andy to complicate me. Each one has its own game and you cannot change the way you play, that’s something you are born with… If you want to be the best, you have to have offensive skills.
The style of play of each tennis player is unique and personal, as Federer tells us well in this appointment, it is something that one is born with.
65. Another of my goals will obviously be to be at Wimbledon and go for the gold medal at the Tokyo Olympics.
The gold medal is something that for now has escaped this fabulous tennis player.
66. I was 35 years old and people said I could not recover. I knew that he had a meniscus complication and that he needed surgery and rehabilitation. I did rehab and came back to injure myself again. It was there that I understood that I needed a longer rest period.
Knowing our body perfectly, can allow us to be at the highest level for a relatively long time.
67. For me it would be fine. I remember being very happy when I first reached the Grand Slams mark. For me, the special moment was breaking the record, not keeping the record.
Every achievement, we achieve during our sports career will be fully experienced by us, we must learn to enjoy them.
68. I’ve never played like this before. In Switzerland I have been at a higher altitude but it was definitely not for playing tennis.
Playing at high altitude is something that greatly complicates the game itself, because the oxygen levels in the air are much lower.
69. I want to sleep a few days and spend with the family. Then I will train again for the Australian Open.
Rest is a totally crucial aspect in the life of any elite athlete, knowing how to dose can allow us to be more successful.
70. At Wimbledon, for example, we rent several houses, for my coaches, parents, friends, my manager. Of course, the family sleeps all under the same roof.
The family always accompanies Roger Federer during his tournaments, being able to have them close must be something really hopeful for him.
71. I already had a back lock once for taking one of the kids to bed.
In his role as father, this tennis player has also been able on some occasion to have the bad luck of getting injured.
72. The organization is essential and, above all, my wife, who is in charge.
Having a partner that helps us in our mission and organizes our life must be something very positive for an elite athlete.
73. Actually, I live with two or three different clocks. There’s my schedule, then the girls ‘and then the boys’. And Mirka helps me out when necessary.
Spending time with the family is something that all of us want to do, in this case there could be no exception.
74. I admired him so much that sometimes I got a little uncomfortable from breaking his records. It is not something I wanted to do. Only in this way did things happen. Of course I knew it was a huge time for our sport. And I think those are the moments that one will remember.
Breaking the records of your childhood idols should be a truly beautiful thing to live for any athlete.
75. And especially, after the knee injury (in 2016), everything that happened afterwards was something extra. I could have won one more Slam, and managed to win three more great titles.
All the titles we have won in our professional careers should be considered equally meritorious, we must be grateful for what we have achieved.
76. Parents should give their children space to learn the sport for themselves.
Having a father like Roger Federer can help us greatly in our sports career, being able to overcome it will depend exclusively on ourselves. Who would not wish to have such a father?
77. I don’t think that because I play tennis well I can do anything.
We must be down to earth and be completely realistic, Federer has always had his ideas very clear.
78. Music makes me happy sports too, of course, but when I go to concerts it is when I feel happiest.
Music is something wonderful that we can all enjoy, in the life of this tennis player it has great relevance.
79. Having time away from everyone, spending time with my family, my parents, my best friends running on the beach, having a drink, relaxing… That is my perfect day.
Family is what Roger Federer loves the most, being able to spend time with them is his greatest personal pleasure.
80. But I do think that apart from them I would have had a good career when I realized that I could awaken my potential through hard work.
Hard work is a constant in the life of this tennis player, we must learn from him and pursue our dreams with dedication.