Foreskin balanitis: Types, Symptoms, Causes, Treatments,
Balanitis refers to the prepuce and the glans of inflammation. Normal foreskin cavity endocrine one lipid substance, the prepuce or phimosis, the accumulation of such substances can be stimulated to smegma foreskin and glans cause balanitis. Foreskinitis caused by drug allergy is a delayed type of allergic reaction, which is quite common in clinical practice. It usually occurs 24 to 72 hours after administration.
Candida foreskin balanitis : more common in the foreskin is too long, there is a history of unclean sexual intercourse , penis foreskin , glans mild flushing, foreskin inner plate and glans crown can have white cheese-like patches, glans can have a needle size red pimples , if the violation outside the foreskin and scrotum , you can see the scales of erythema . If the boat is involved, there may be frequent urination and dysuria . Local can have burning sensation and itching . For those with candida allergies, penile itching and burning sensation can occur several hours after unclean sexual intercourse , and there may be a foreskin glans flushing. Occasionally, fulminant edematous balanitis can occur . The main manifestation is that the penis foreskin is obviously edematous, itchy, and there is a shallow ulcer .
Male Candida Balanitis because the spouse suffering from Candida vaginitis is infection or itching and burning sensation of the penis, glans and foreskin flushing.
Foreskin balanitis examination test
Candida balanitis ( including dermatitis ) can be drawn on lesion glans foreskin microscopy or culture can be found Candida. Trichomoniasis of balanitis can be found in secretions trichomoniasis.
Foreskinitis caused by drug allergy is a delayed type of allergic reaction, which is quite common in clinical practice. It usually occurs 24 to 72 hours after eye drops.
Foreskin balanitis treatment
Foreskin balanitis can be partially washed with 1/5000 potassium permanganate solution and applied with anti-inflammatory ointment. Allergic foreskin balanitis must be taken orally with anti-allergic drugs and topical pines . If the phimosis or foreskin edema can not be reversed, the drainage is not smooth, and the general treatment of inflammation can not be resolved, it is feasible to carry out the foreskin incision to facilitate drainage. After the inflammation has completely subsided, circumcision is performed .
Local clean, preventing secondary infection ; ② exudate erosion choice of 3% boric acid water or a 0.1% ethacridine lactate wet ; ③ non-infectious subacute phase were available corticosteroid creams; ④ chronic or dry desquamation available Tetracycline test ointment; 5 infection is obvious, fever and lymphadenopathy , systemic antibiotics , such as cephalexin , 0.5g, oral 3 to 4 times / day, or flurazin, 0.2g, 2 times a day; 3 Foreskin is too long, sputum circumcision after sputum inflammation subsides.
Buy a compound ketoconazole ointment and a Fuqi ointment, first wipe the compound ketoconazole ointment, can stop itching , and then wipe the Fuqi ointment, the best effect in the morning and evening alternate! To adhere to treatment for a while!
If there is mild erosion, it can be treated with blue skin treatment.
Clinical manifestations of foreskin balanitis
Foreskin balanitis is characterized by redness , burning pain , increased urination , and purulent discharge from the foreskin. If the foreskin is turned over, it can be seen that the inner surface of the foreskin and the penis head are congested , swollen , and severe, and may have shallow ulcers or erosions, showing pus.
Foreskin balanitis complications
Secondary phimosis; urethral stricture; anterior urethral stricture
The harm of foreskin balanitis
1) Influencing sexual function , leading to impotence and premature ejaculation . Because the disease has not been cured for a long time, various symptoms and discomforts are aggravated after sexual intercourse, or directly affect the feeling and quality of sexual life, causing a kind of malignant stimulation to the patient, and gradually appear a sense of disgust, leading to impotence, premature ejaculation and the like.
2) Influencing fertility can lead to infertility . Long-term chronic inflammation causes changes in the composition of the prostatic fluid, and the secretion function of the prostate is affected, which in turn affects the liquefaction time of the semen , and the sperm motility decreases, which may lead to male infertility .
3) Lead to chronic nephritis and even develop into uremia . Prostatitis, if not treated in time, can lead to prostatic hyperplasia , oppression of the bladder outlet, so that the urine can not be completely empty, residual urine appears. Residual urine is bacteria good medium , combined with bladder mucosal defense mechanism is damaged, it can easily lead to urinary tract infections such as pyelonephritis , etc., such as the treatment is not complete at this time, the pyelonephritis, hydronephrosis and so on to develop nephritis Finally developed into uremia.
4) Cause endocrine disorders , causing mental disorders. Under normal circumstances, the prostate can secrete a variety of active substances. Due to inflammation of the prostate, endocrine disorders, can cause neurasthenia , resulting in abnormal mental disorders; insomnia, dreams , fatigue, dizziness , slow thinking, memory loss and other symptoms.
5) Infected spouse causes gynecological inflammation. Prostatitis can be transmitted to the wife, especially prostatitis caused by some special pathogen infections, and its inflammation can be transmitted to the wife through sexual intercourse. Such as fungal prostatitis, trichomonas prostatitis , gonorrhea prostatitis, non-gonococcal ( Chlamydia , mycoplasma ) prostatitis.
6) Easy to cause infection. The human prostate contains an antibacterial substance called the prostate antibacterial factor. When the prostate is inflamed, this antibacterial factor is reduced, so it is easy to cause infection. Infections caused by prostatitis can lead to acute urinary retention , acute seminal vesiculitis or epididymitis , vas deferens , lymphadenopathy or tenderness of the spermatic cord . In severe cases, groin pain or renal colic can occur .
Prevention of foreskin balanitis
Always clean the foreskin and penis head to keep the foreskin cavity clean and dry. If the foreskin is too long or phimosis, circumcision should be performed.
Glans dermatitis is a diffuse inflammation of the glans and foreskin. It is often caused by yeast or bacteria under the foreskin that has not undergone circumcision . Inflammation produces pain, redness, and itching, which can lead to narrowing of the urethra . Patients may develop dry balanitis, phimosis, incarcerated phimosis and cancer in the future .
This is the highest incidence of glans foreskin disease. Almost all patients have phimosis or prepuce that is too long. Between glans and foreskin is too long, due to the shedding of epithelial cells , glandular secretion and smegma bacilli form a warm , moist bacterial culture group, once the bacteria have entered can cause inflammation.
At the beginning of the glans dermatitis, the surface of the glans and foreskin can be edema, hyperemia, redness around the urethral opening and wounds and erosions, and can develop into superficial ulcers. The purulent secretions flow out, and the patient feels itchy at the head of the penis or There is a burning sensation and then pain. After ulceration, it can pus and smell bad. In severe cases, there will be fatigue, low fever, swollen inguinal lymph nodes and tenderness .
Prevention and care:
(1) Pay attention to local hygiene, clean the glans and foreskin daily, if the foreskin is too long to be treated in time, if necessary, for circumcision, it is necessary to clean the smegma in time.
(2) Couples suffering from sexual organ diseases should suspend sexual life, timely treatment, such as trichomoniasis or Candida albicans infection should be treated at the same time.
(3) Avoid unclean sexual intercourse and cleanse yourself.
(4) If the ulcer or erosion is formed, it is necessary to change the medicine in time, and change the medicine twice a day to avoid discomfort.
(5) For acute foreskin balanitis, avoid using corticosteroid cream to avoid more serious infections.
Causes of foreskin balanitis
Foreskin balanitis can be caused by infection and non-infection. Due to unclean sexual intercourse, infected with Candida albicans, trichomoniasis, chlamydia, gonorrhea, mycoplasma and meningitis , can cause balanitis. Most of the non-infectious factors are due to the fact that the foreskin is too long, the cleaning is not enough, and the unclean things between the foreskin and the glans, that is, the smegma, will accumulate and stimulate local foreskin and mucous membrane inflammation.
Foreskin balanitis medication principle
1. Inflammation early application of broad-spectrum effective antibiotics supplemented by local treatment; 2. Chronic inflammation repeated authors should be circumcision.
Clinical treatment misunderstanding of foreskin balanitis
In the actual clinical practice, foreskin balanitis is caused by the lack of understanding of the foreskin balanitis and the doctor’s irregularity and inappropriate treatment, which also makes the repeated attacks of foreskin balanitis worse.
1. It is easy to be ignored and lost. Because the incidence of foreskin balanitis is high, the initial symptoms are mild, and the time is good and bad, so it is easy to be ignored in daily life until it is severe. Complications and comorbidities have been associated with the visit, which has caused great damage to the reproductive health system, so it is necessary to check early treatment.
2. Misunderstanding of sexually transmitted diseases and mistreatment. When balanitis occurs, sexually transmitted diseases that most patients, topical own disinfection antiphlogistic detergent , such topical skin by a strong chemicalstimulation redness, bleeding exacerbated inflammatory response , eventually the formation of chronic balanitis. Moreover, some doctors with poor medical treatment techniques, or deliberate treatment of sexually transmitted diseases due to interest factors, cause great physical and economic harm to patients.
3. The effects of irregular traditional treatments are limited. Clinically irregular treatment makes the disease recurrent, and because of the long course of foreskin balanitis, the irregular use and abuse of antibiotics, the pathogens are prone to drug resistance, etc., making traditional treatments less than ideal, long-term chronic inflammation Urinary and reproductive health effects, prostatitis, impotence, premature ejaculation and other diseases.
4. Factors such as excessive prepuce are easily overlooked. Excessive foreskin is also an important factor in the onset and recurrence of foreskin balanitis. If the foreskin is not treated too long, the bacteria and inflammatory secretions are easy to hide and the foreskin directly acts on the lesion or new tissue structure, aggravating the condition or Causes sexual lesions, so if the foreskin is too long, it needs early treatment.
The harm of foreskin balanitis
Since Balanitis in andrology most common diseases, and is easy to overlook the dangers of lead to Balanitis increase, expand the scope of the following situations more common in clinical practice:
1. Harm the health of the reproductive system . Foreskin balanitis is easy to cause prostatitis, orchitis , epididymitis , inflammation of the organs such as the vas deferens . If it is not treated in time, it will cause great harm to reproductive health.
2. Causes urinary system diseases. Foreskin balanitis is also easy to cause ascending infection of the urinary system, generally more common in cystitis , nephritis, pyelonephritis, etc., especially chronic balanitis long-term treatment is most likely to cause urinary system diseases, improper treatment of acute phase can be life-threatening.
3. Can cause sexual dysfunction. In the inflammatory period of the foreskin glans, the head sensory nerve is in a sensitive period, and the inflammation damage makes it easy to premature ejaculation in sexual life, which can lead to impotence in the long term. Moreover , the hypertrophic narrow ring formed by the atrophy of the foreskin , the penis is erected and pressed backwards, resulting in erection and impotence (impotence).
4. Can lead to male infertility . Long-term stimulation of proinflammatory factors regulates sperm and sexual response in the reproductive system, and the inflammatory secretions hidden in the foreskin enter the vagina together with semen during sexual intercourse , reducing semen quality and destroying the egg cells , resulting in male infertility. occur.
5. Causes dry occlusive balanitis . Dry foreskin balanitis is a serious pathological injury of foreskin balanitis, which destroys the physiological structure of the foreskin glans , and also affects sexual life and aesthetics. It is also a common factor in premature ejaculation.