We explain that what is the difference between conform and confirm with the table. The difference between conform and confirm is when there are few rules and regulations and if we accept and follow them, it is called conformity, while confirm is to make sure it is true.
Every day we listen to many people and we talk to many people and sometimes we do not know the meaning of the word and we get confused about where and when to use it. Homophones, have you ever heard this term? Yes, homophones are words that have the same pronunciation, but the meaning of the words is completely different.
These homophones sometimes make the sentence difficult and when these words are interchanged they make the whole sentence wrong. So the words are adjusted and confirmed, they change the whole sentences, they create a lot of confusion for a situation.
Comparison table between compliance and confirmation
Compliance comparison parameters Confirm
|To make sure it’s correct or true
|By explaining human behavior primarily
|To give the truth
What is Conform?
In simple terms, conformity is to say that working under instructions like a machine conforms to the command that is given to it. This compliance has many applications in different situations. For example, people conform to the traffic regulations on the road, which means that they must travel on the road according to the traffic regulations.
This conformity is also used to explain the behavior of human beings. In any case, conforming means following and acting according to the given rules. We accept as is and no questions are asked and this is called conformity.
Here conformity can be explained as when someone lives or works according to the law or the rules, then we say that they conform to the rules, which means that they are following or obeying. Hence the terms conformist and nonconformist are born. A person who follows is a conformist and one who does not follow is a nonconformist.
What is Confirm?
Confirming has to do with the truth. It is about the fact that when confirm is used it means that it is accepted based on the truth. In simple terms, it is final and when making a decision this term is used. Confirmation is to make sure everything is okay. And the use of this word is in the present tense, past tense and future tense as well.
When there is a list of things to collect or use, to make sure of all of the above, we use this confirmation word. So just to make sure of an appointment or meeting and to agree, we use this word confirm. Even when explaining why something has happened, whether right or wrong, we use this word.
This confirmation is used to ratify any topic or research and is as evidence of what we find. Like the taste of anything, we confirm it by tasting it. We call people to ask if the news we hear is confirmed or not. When we deny something, we are against confirmation. When we give assurance, it means that we are acting in accordance with the confirmation.
Main differences between Comply and confirm
- Confirming is about evidence while conforming is accepting. And conforming is just following the rules. So the definition of the word confirm and conform is different.
- Conform can be used for any type of acceptance or satisfaction and dissatisfaction with any standard or regulation. Confirm is used when making a decision and must be accepted.
- The spelling of these two words is different. The use of these words is also different depending on the use. Complying is like complying with any rules and regulations. It can be used in any part of work and our lifestyle.
- Conforming is simply changing our path according to the specifically mentioned path. The confirmation will show the accuracy of anything. Verify or prove or validate something generally comes under the synonyms of confirm and contradict, deny are the antonyms of confirm.
- The synonyms of conformity, stick, act accordingly, pay attention to something are met. Being rebellious or being against something will come under the antonyms of conformity. With a proper understanding of the two words and their synonyms and antonyms, the use of these words will change the whole sentence and the situation.
- Since these two words are homonyms, people using these words should be very careful as the meaning is different even if the pronunciation is the same. Here, according to the grammar part, we can say that confirm comes under the verb while conform comes under the adjective.
Both words belong to verbs, but their meaning is different in the way they are written and in the way they are pronounced. The word conform means to obey any rule or guideline and even instructions. So when someone or something is working or operating under a set of instructions, the word conform is used.
These two words are best explained with examples. When we book a hotel, we need to confirm the dates of our stay. When we are in college, we must settle for college uniforms. When we are against something, they call us rebels, which means that we live as an antonym of conformity. And when we live according to the rules and customs, we adapt to them.
Each example will show the difference between the words and their application in the real world. The authorization is also the confirmation of something. And at any level of consistency, conform shows compliance with all rules and regulations. Confirming also means that we are trying to explain or say why something is correct or why it is true. Support is also synonymous with the word confirm. To promise something is to confirm, while to live by something is to conform.