We explain what the demand is and how it relates to the offer. What are the assumptions that determine it. What is lawsuit.
What is the demand?
The concept demand comes from the Latin demand and , in the first instance, is defined as a request or a request . However, this concept is of great importance both in the economy and in law, so its definition can be much broader.
The demand, in economics, refers to the quantity of goods or services that the population intends to obtain , to satisfy their needs or desires. These goods or services can be very varied, such as food, transportation, education, leisure activities, medications, among many other things, which is why it is considered that virtually all human beings are demanding.
The demand is considered to be influenced by five assumptions that will determine the increase or decrease thereof:
- Price. First, the price of goods and services. In other words, the monetary value of the same. Prices are generally inversely proportional to demand.
- Offer. The second assumption is the provision of goods and services (supply), that is, if there is an individual or company that offers them and in what quantities they do so.
- Place. Thirdly, the place can be mentioned, that is, what is the medium in which the goods or services are offered, this space can be physical or virtual.
- Payment capacity. Fourth is the claimant’s ability to pay, that is, if he has the monetary means to access the goods.
- Needs. The last assumption that can be mentioned are wants and needs. Needs are those that are basic, such as food, clothing, etc. Desires are more specific wishes such as buying clothes from a certain brand.
Demand is studied in economics together with supply, that is, the amount of goods or services available for sale. Both are analyzed jointly since these two are the ones that determine the quantity of goods and services that will be produced and the economic value that they will have.
From the legal point of view, the claim is understood as a legal request in which the claims are made by one of the actors . It is intended that a judge intervene, either from the protection or recognition of the request.
The claim must be presented in writing , stating the reason for it and the law that supports it. Some of the mandatory requirements that the claim must present are the data of the defendant and the data of the plaintiff, the facts that lead to the claim, expressed precisely, the thing that is demanded, what is intended, expressing it in a positive way clear, and finally the right that you want to assert.
The effects of a legal claim can be very diverse . They can be procedural or substantial. The former refer to the actors, that is, the plaintiff, the defendant and the judge. In the case of the substantial effects they are multiple and their classification is arduous since the same demand appeals to different rights.