We explain the difference between career and passion with table. Career and passion have a fragile line. People often say that they are passionate about something and that they have been working on it for a couple of years, but what they do not calculate is that it is enough to continue as a career option.
The true meaning of passion is “doing what we love,” as we know it, and career wise, your livelihood depends on it.
We see many people on a daily basis who are passionate about something but end up doing desk work to pay the bills. On the other hand, there are also those people who have really worked hard on their passion and made it their career choice.
Passion can be described as a strong desire or interest in an activity / cause that people love to do. On the other hand, a career can be described as a journey that everyone takes throughout their life to survive.
The main difference between career and passion That is, one of these will meet your daily needs, pay your bills, but you may not like it or hate it sometimes. The other may not help you survive as a result, but it will make you feel alive for what you do and make you feel happier.
Comparison table between career and passion (in tabular form)
Comparison parameter Professional passion
|Ambition||A stable career choice of 9 to 5 will make you feel more secure in the long run without taking any risks.||Your music / film passion may not start with stability, but if you pursue it for a long time with dedication, you could reach heaven.|
|Liberty||In any career option, you will work with someone or some authority. This means that he will not have freedom for himself and must obey the orders of the higher authority.||Whatever passion you choose to pursue will offer you the freedom you deserve and you will work freely.|
|Explorer||In any given career option, you can’t explore yourself to see what different skills you might have.||On the other hand, you are allowed to explore yourself as much as you want until you are satisfied enough with something before you go after it.|
|Fruitful result||If you choose to do something by force, then you may or may not get the same results that you might otherwise have.||Whereas if you follow your passion with the right dedication and make it your career, you will get better results than anyone else.|
What is Carrera?
When you hear the word career, many different things come to mind, such as educational background, work experience, employment, etc. It is combined with different ingredients that people earn over time. It is not just a position in any company.
There are different career paths to choose from, and each path requires professional training and qualification. Some of the examples are:
- Work in a hospital as a nurse or doctor.
- Work in a technology company as an IT professional.
- Working in a hotel / company as a manager.
- Working in a restaurant as a chef.
- Working in an airline company as a pilot.
All of the career options listed above need specialized training and qualification. There are specific eligibility criteria for each of these and without proper training, you cannot join any of these career options.
One of the undeniable advantages of a career option would be its stability and the comfort that comes with it. You will have a fixed schedule for your work, performing the same task regularly, so you will become a professional. Additionally, there are some travel and medical benefits in some of these sectors.
What is the Passion?
People often try to turn their passion into a profession. Some do, while others fail. Passion can be described as a strong disposition towards an activity that you do just because you like it. Some push their limit to the extreme and others keep it limited.
Don’t mistake passion for a hobby or a dream. Passion is doing something that makes you happy from within, and when you want to do it on a larger scale, you dream about it with your eyes wide open.
People often face a lot of criticism from their parents, family, and many others if they decide to follow their passion. They should remember some of the facts to facilitate this process:
- Dream about it but with your eyes open.
- Invest in activity for better results.
- Do not stop at any time thinking that you have reached your limit. Keep working.
- Never stop once you’ve started. If you leave it in the middle, you won’t see the end.
Passion is about pushing your limits beyond everything. Accept what you are doing, ignore what people have to say about it, and keep the wheel running smoothly and one day you will reap the fruit.
Main differences between career and passion
- You can make a lot of money starting in most career options cases, while in pursuit of your passion the beginning may not seem orderly.
- The stability of a career option will help you save for an uncertain future. You don’t get the same luxury by always following your passion.
- All career options come with a set amount of work hours. Following passion will lead you to work 24/7 for better results.
- The more you earn, the safer you will feel medically and in the long term too. A career option will provide that, but pursuing your passion can be difficult at first.
- You will feel alive from the inside if you choose to follow your passion instead of choosing a career option just because you need to survive.
The best thing anyone can opt for is to choose a job that they like to do. Turning your passion into a profession is one of the best things that can happen to you. Also, keep in mind that sometimes, as you increase efficiency and productivity, you begin to lose interest in the work you do.
Without a doubt, money is one of the essential things in our lives, but so is our happiness and satisfaction towards work. In the end, it can be concluded that both passion and career carry a handful of advantages and disadvantages.