We explain what the drawing is and why it is an expression tool. Types of drawings and elements used.
What is drawing?
Drawings is the art and technique of drawings . Through the act of drawing, an image is captured, on paper, canvas or any other material, using different techniques.
Drawings is a form of graphic expression in a horizontal plane , that is, in two dimensions. It is also one of the visual arts . Over the years humanity has used it as a form of universal expression and also of transmission of culture , language and others.
The drawingv serves as an expression tool for thoughts or real objects , when there are things that words cannot explain, it is said that it is better to draw. The artist always does a mental work prior to expressing his ideas, where he mixes ideas, feelings, memories or others to obtain the final finish.
Types of drawings
- Artistic. In this type of drawing the artist’s ideas are expressed, using different techniques, such as perspective, and even materials, since there is an extensive variety of pencils and other elements to draw, such as charcoal.
- Technical. This second type is used to make representations of different things, for example architectural plansor topographic drawings. In the technical drawings, the main intention is to represent in the best possible way, in the most exact way, the dimensions and shape of a given object. It is the kind of drawings that professionals use in their work (engineers, architects, geologists, etc.). In turn, the technical drawing has four classifications: natural, continuous, industrial and defined.
According to the object of the drawings, it can be classified as:
- Conception drawing
- Definition drawing
- Manufacturing drawing
- Industrial drawing
Many artists affirm that it is not important to have a great ability to be just a cartoonist or painter, but the most important is the ability to express.
Elements used in the drawing
- Instruments. It includes all the artifacts that draw the lines and also those that allow them to be made, as well as the graphite pencils and the rules.
- Inks They are the pigments and colors that the artist uses to give more body to his work. They can be applied with the help of dry instruments, such as pencils, or wet ones, such as markers.
- Support. All element that helps to hold the paper or on which it is drawn, like a canvas.