Types of google SEO with works and tutorial: Have you had a website for some time and can’t position it in search engines or shots? Do you consider it easier to pinch walls than to position your page in the main search engines? Quiet, in this post you will learn the fundamental and basic steps to achieve search engine optimization in a completely schematic and simple way to understand.
Mind you, when I talk about search engine positioning, I don’t just mean SEO on Google . I say this, because it is likely that by reading the title you have thought that it is another post on steps to organically position a website, but it is not the case. Search engine optimization is a much broader term than just SEO, since search engines also offer the ability to position local ads or search results.
But don’t worry, doing online positioning is at your fingertips. You just have to understand the concepts and follow the steps indicated below. I assure you that if you apply them, you will notice the difference.
What is a search engine?
A search engine is simply and simply a web platform that allows you to find specific texts among other web pages. In theory, the main objective of search engines is to show relevant results and adjusted to the needs of users who use their search service. And it seems that they more or less get it.
The need to carry out a search engine positioning strategy is motivated because, being pages that control most of the traffic that moves on the Internet, they have immense weight and importance at the level of visibility for all types of brands and people, aspect that they take advantage of and which is their main source of income.
You could say that this type of pages, opened the door massively to both private users and businesses. This resulted in a new environment for hundreds of thousands of brands in which to operate and evolve and in which there is a growing competition (and we have been enjoying its great advantages for more than 20 years).
The main search engines are currently: Google, Baidu, Yahoo, Bing and Ask.
What is search engine optimization?
The term search engine positioning refers to the place a website occupies in the search results for certain search terms carried out by users related to it.
Types of search engine optimization: SEO positioning and pay per click
What types of search engine positioning can you use with your website?
Search engines offer two types of search results that users do for a term: sponsored links or advertisements and organic or natural results . Both types of results, carry a specific type of positioning and are part of the SEM or Search Engine Marketing positioning, which is neither more nor less than any Marketing action within search engines, whether paid or not.
Depending on whether the search results are paid or free we can classify the positioning in two ways:
SEA, PPC or advertising payment:
The SEA (Search Engine Advertising) , PPC or pay per click , or payment for advertising, also known as sponsored links in search engines or Payment positioning, is the payment for advertising directly to search engines to appear in the first positions of the SERP’s . In Spain, there are still many people who confuse SEM with pay per click matching this term to SEO, when they belong to different levels. That is, the SEM (Search Engine Marketing) positioning encompasses SEO as well as advertising payment.
This is achieved by buying keywords to the search engine through bidding through the tools they provide for this purpose (Google Adwords, Bing Ads, …).
This type of positioning has two main objectives:
- Show the web in the top positions of the search engine for certain search results.
- Get the user to click on the web link and perform some type of conversion.
In this type of positioning, the advertiser does not pay to show their ad (that is, it does not work through CPM or cost per thousand impressions), it only pays when the user clicks on it, that is, CPC or cost per click.
SEO positioning or organic positioning:
SEO positioning or natural positioning, also called organic results, Natural SEO Search Engine Optimization, web optimization or search engine optimization (Spanish translation of SEO, acronym for Search Engine Optimization) or “Free” positioning ( something that is not true, is simply cheaper and requires more effort and work than money) is the one that is achieved by getting a website to appear for certain related search terms in the top of the search results without performing any type of direct payment for advertising to search engines.
It is a technical process and / or discipline through which modifications and changes are made to the web architecture and information structure of a page in order to improve its visibility in the organic results of the SERP’s (the search results they produce the different search engines), in addition to other external aspects that we will see below.
This algorithm is the system by which search engines apply certain criteria to decide in what order the results of a search should appear, and it is one of the disciplines that have evolved most in recent years due to the continuous updates carried out by the search engines in their algorithms.
In the case of SEO on Google, the main search engine worldwide, this has been changing a lot in recent years since this search engine has been modifying and improving its algorithm by including updates such as Penguin (analyzes the incoming and outgoing links to the web) and Panda (analyzes the quality and originality of the content and its frequency of publication on the web), changing the way in which positioning was done in this search engine until that moment.
Now what matters is the optimization of the search experience, that is, everything for and for the user.
The SEO positioning , is a very effective and inexpensive technique medium and long term as it allows your brand by certain terms without having to pay for it directly to Google.
Obviously it also has costs, but much lower compared to the SEA – PPC , hence its implementation over time while complementing this strategy with paid advertising, until it reaches the point where they are not positioned those terms and it is not necessary to make those investments. This is achieved by applying all kinds of SEO On page and SEO Off Page positioning factors .
What factors must be taken into account to achieve search engine positioning organically?
There are many factors that influence the search engine positioning of a website, but we could say that the main and basic factors are relevance and authority.
It is the relation that a page has to a specific search, that is, how related a web is to a specific search term.
For their determination, search engines take into account multiple factors of SEO On Page or SEO On Site. Far away was that time when it was enough to repeat a term many times to achieve position the web for it. Now we could say that about all the factors there are 3 really important ones. The first two measure user experience and content quality and the third measure the optimization of your website.
- Time of stay: Because if on your website the user stays 7 minutes and in competition 1, surely your content is better.
- Bounce rate: Because if you always stay on your website and the competition never looks at more pages, Google will understand that your content is better.
- Optimization on page: Because if your website is faster, it is better structured and better optimized in order to meet Google standards, it will take it into account more than other pages.
It’s about the popularity of a web. The more popular a page is, the more valuable the information it contains for search engines.
This factor is mainly based on the user’s own experience and is therefore one of the most taken into account the algorithm. This is because the more a content is shared and the more times it is linked from other websites , the more useful it has generally been to other publishers – bloggers and users – visitors to that page.
Types of natural search engine positioning
The SEO positioning or natural positioning in search engines can be divided into two major strands of work: SEO On-site and Off-site SEO.
SEO On Page or SEO On Site:
On-Site SEO is the part of search engine positioning in an organic way that deals with relevance, with the ultimate goal of optimizing the web so that the search engine can quickly and logically index its content, that is to say, to facilitate Google the understanding of the content of the web.
SEO On-Site includes all kinds of actions such as:
- Keyword optimization.
- Loading time.
- User Experience
- Web usability.
- Code optimization.
- URL formats, and a long etc.
In this Complete Guide with SEO On Page Tips and Tricks for Search Engine Optimization you can see all kinds of examples and changes to be made internally on the web to improve your SEO.
SEO Off Page or SEO Off Site:
Off-Site SEO is the branch of search engine optimization that focuses on external factors to the web.
Among the most important positioning factors to improve the SEO Off Page of a website, we can highlight the following:
- Number and quality of both internal links (broken or misdirected links) and incoming and outgoing on the web (a good domain and page authority and a low spam score from the sites that are linked).
- Level of presence in social networks.
- Records and mentions in local media such as web directories, newspapers, etc.
- Brand Authority of the web.
- CTR or performance in the search results for which the web is positioned.
Local SEO or Local Positioning is an online marketing strategy aimed at highlighting and making visible a brand – business when potential customers look for the activity, products or services that it sells by referring to the locality or area where it is located or operates, it is that is, when the search occurs physically near where the business is located.
SEO Web positioning or search engine optimization can also be classified and differentiated into two main aspects depending on the follow-up of the recommendations offered by the different search engines to appear in the results they offer: Black Hat SEO and White Hat SEO. These concepts receive their names or have an intimate relationship with the world of hacking or hacking, where Black Hat (hackers who carry out actions with their own benefit and lack of ethics and morals), Gray Hat (non-profit pirates or that they don’t want to get something for themselves) and White Hat (experts hired by the brands), make reference to the level and direction that this type of computerists take in their actions and regarding the focus of their careers.
Black Hat SEO or Black Hat SEO techniques:
It is a type of organic positioning for pages based on changes that contradict the guidelines set by search engines, which may be more or less ethical.
It is a search engine optimization strategy with many risks since if it is not managed well there can be all kinds of penalties and even web banning.
In addition, it does not offer a safe long-term continuity and does not add value to the user.
This is because they are techniques that look for new ways of positioning without any effort without hardly any effort and the “legal gaps” in the positioning requirements suggested by search engines.
Some examples of Black Hat SEO are:
- The pyramids of links or TLB, Tiered Link Building: create backlinks to your own quality backlinks to give the latest strength and authority
- Cloaking: show different content depending on whether it is a user or a search engine bot that visits it.
- Spinning: elaborate variations of the text content of an article already published in order to create content quickly and easily so that it looks like an original and quality post for the search engine.
- Spam comments and posts on forums, blogs, content aggregators, etc.
- Keyword Stuffing: inclusion and excessive repetition of the same term exceeding the logical density and allowed by search engines.
White Hat SEO or White Hat SEO techniques:
Are those techniques and actions that are used to position a web page in the search results in an ethical manner and that meets the guidelines of the search engines.
These techniques refer especially to those actions aimed at improving the relevance of a website for the different search results of each search engine to offer the information that best suits what each user seeks through the offer of value that captures their attention.
Fundamental aspects to consider in a search engine optimization strategy
- Objectives: It is essential to determine what is expected and what is expected in any search engine optimization strategy.
- Time: for a search engine optimization strategy to be really effective, you have to spend some time and have made many adjustments to optimize all kinds of details (that is, a lot of work and patience), which no matter how much you want to do once, they cannot be determined or known until the campaign is already underway.
- Economic Investment: it is important to determine in advance the budget that is available and how it will be distributed in order to know how to carry out the positioning of the website and the techniques and actions that will be implemented to achieve it. Also for the determination of objectives and ROI (Return on Investment).
- The Competition present in the sector: the analysis of the competition is vital if you want to obtain good results and overcome it in the search results. The idea in this case is to look at what they do and improve it.
- The segment of the audience you are addressing: if you do not know who you are targeting, you will hardly find users really interested in what you offer from your page. Therefore, you have to know who you want to address with your communications and why you are addressing that audience.
Why is search engine positioning vital for a website?
I think that if you have already reached this part of the post, you will have already understood many of the benefits it offers and the reasons why a good search engine positioning is essential.
In any case, here are some reasons why you should position your website within your online business strategy.
- Contribute to create brand image and offer visibility to your site.
- Generate engagement with users.
- It makes your website more useful for both users and search engines.
- It is a commercial opportunity for any business.
Surely you are thinking, that all this is very good and very beautiful, but what interests you is how to do the search engine positioning of your page step by step and in a way that you can understand.
Well watch out below, because I’m going to show schematically the steps that you would have to take to achieve search engine rankings with any website.
How to improve the search engine positioning of your website step by step?
SEO positioning actions
SEO Actions On Page
- Creation of a content strategy based on an editorial calendar where the keywords to be attacked on the different pages are determined and when the different contents will be published on the web.
- Selection and analysis of the keywords searched:
- Measurement of the level of competition for each keyword (reflects the level of competition for payment).
- Measurement of the level of results for each keyword (reflects the level of organic competence)
- Measurement of the search number for each keyword.
- CPC measurement for each keyword (reflects the interest that exists among the competition to position that keyword).
- Performing a good keyword research or keyword search through tools such as Google Trends (theme trends), Google Tool Planner (keyword search tool) and Semrush (analysis to steal your competitors’ SEO keywords ) .
- Creation of optimized Post and Content on the blog (less than 1200 words will be quite poor content as a rule) and other web pages (at least more than 400 words that describe the page well and contain the keywords) creatively and differential (they must provide something to the user, for example a success story, an entertaining story, a gift, etc.) to improve the CTR (click to rate or click ratio.
- Inclusion of keywords in the first paragraph of the texts, in the titles and in the headings H1 , H2, H3, …
- Mark the keywords in bold.
- Fill in options for SEO Title , Meta description and Slug.
- Labeling and categorization of content.
- Internal Links to the pages that we are interested in positioning on the web with the anchor text (text in which the URL is linked) most relevant according to the strategic planning that you have proposed ( follow links ). The anchor text must be analyzed in order to see them diversify as much as possible (brand, generic and keyword anchor).
- External links to the authority website to give naturalness to the text and provide complementary information (links with the inclusion of no follow attribute ).
- Determination of the Canonical URL (where you want to transmit the link juice or strength of the page positioning).
- CTA inclusion or calls to action
- Measure the density of the keywords used on each page of the web.
- Verification of possible duplicate content and addition of a non-index tag on the pages where it is.
- Verification of possible cannibalization between the different pages of the web.
- Control of periodic publication of the contents.
- Inclusion of attribute Alt in the images of the Blog (also for the one of the pages) and optimization of the weight in tools like Tinypng.com.
- Design of attractive cover images (template creation) and audiovisual content to complement the contents of the blog such as videos, infographics,…
- Implementation of a hreflang tag if your website is aimed at different types of audiences for reasons of using more than one language in it to help Google offer the correct language in each case to each type of user according to their type of search and language
- Create a blog tab on your website to include content that attacks the most important keywords to position. A good way to get a domain with authority is to find and use expired domains with a high page rank.
- Planning the strategy to follow in terms of content and products – services that you want to position on the web.
- Guest Post and Sponsored Post (quality review and optimization of these contents on your website).
- Link Exchanges.
- Collaborations such as exchanging reviews, mentions or testimonials in exchange for a link.
- Direct purchase of links.
- Registration and comments on all types of online media (blogs, forums, magazines …).
- Analysis of the domain and web page authority and its evolution over time.
- Use of friendly URL writing systems and use of pagination.
- Creation and automation of sending sitemap to search engines.
- Internal indexing of the page.
- Optimization of responsive design, AMP or Accelerated Mobile Pages and use of CDN or Content Delivery Network on the web.
- Analysis of the keywords already positioned organically through the web content and review – post optimization.
- Elimination of any non-native advertising option on the web and promotion of inbound marketing strategies.
- Creation of landing page and individual optimization of them for the improvement of conversions and the creation of a sales funnel.
- Analysis of loading times on the web or WPO.
- Tracking budget management.
- Installation and removal of SEO plugin or other plugin from the web leaving only the fair and essential and updating them whenever required, as well as the CMS being used.
- Correction of usability errors and user experience.
- Creation of 301, 302, 401 and 404 redirects.
- Optimization, cleaning, compression (gzip), reduction of the web code.
- Use the web cache to reduce bandwidths consumed, server loads and download delays. Likewise, it is also necessary to determine the expiration of the cache.
- Reduction in the number of http calls and DNS queries, seeking that all http requests made are always from the same domain.
- New requests or tracking orders for those pages that have undergone changes and Google needs to be indexed again.
- Optimize indexing levels on the web, so that the Google spider, crawls the page quickly and completely, and thus position all the URLs of the domain.
- Analysis of the evolution and improvement of the results offered by the KPIs or key performance indicators in Google Search Console, Semrush and Google Analytics (bounce rate, number of sessions and visits, etc.).
SEO Off Page Actions
- Creation of a moderate link building strategy for incoming and outgoing links (both follow and not follow).
- Complement and combine your Link Building strategy with a good Link Baiting strategy. This will make your link profile look more natural for search engines.
- Review and analysis of the pages from which they link you: have a good DA and PA , and a low Spam Score .
- Creation of a social media marketing strategy with which to support and enhance the contents of the blog, make regular publications of this and other related media, advertise (this part would go rather within the SEA positioning) and get followers to read, share and comment on the contents of the web. For this strategy to be effective, not only should these aspects be managed, but also, users must be actively interact and participate (also in the blog comments, forum thread options, etc. available to them). your web)
- Use all kinds of media and promotion options on the Internet, such as exchanges with other related media, mentions, comments, publications, purchase of advertising and sponsored posts (these last two could also be part of SEO On Page as content marketing, but given that are external to the web should be framed as actions of SEO Off Page) …
Local SEO Actions
- Implement Google My Business to achieve geo-positioning in this search engine and thus appear on the map that appears in these search results. For this it is necessary to request a verification code and register the business on the platforms. Once this is done, the complete filling of the profile and the achievement of reviews and ratings are necessary.
- Registration in local and authority web directories
- Creation of an advertising campaign with search engine ads:
- Search Network
- Display Network
- Mobile Advertising Network.
- Optimization and analysis of results offered by the advertising campaign to achieve the objectives.
- Analysis of the evolution and improvement of the results offered by the KPIs or key performance indicators (conversion rate, CPC or Cost per Click, CTR or Click Though Rate…) in Google Adwords, Bing Ads…
As you can see, it is a long process that includes a multitude of tasks that could be broken down into an infinite number of aspects that must be improved in order to position a website in the search engines, either by payment or in an organic way.
It must be said in this regard, that for a website to improve its search engine positioning it is necessary that the web development that has been carried out was done thinking about SEO, as well as the implementation of a CMS (content management system) that Help it.
If you still have doubts and you have a project that you do not know how to manage, my recommendation is that you go to an SEO consultant and / or expert in positioning in Adwords or SEA (since there are more options apart from Google) that improves your presence in the search engines
I hope this post has been useful for you to improve search engine positioning of your website. What steps and actions would you add? How do you manage search engine positioning of your website? Leave us your comment, we would love to know your impressions.