We explain the difference between Dual Core and Core 2 Duo with table. The difference between dual-core and core 2 duo processors is that the dual-core processors contain two cores and the core 2 duo processor is the second version of a dual-core processor.
Whenever we plan to buy a laptop or personal computer, the first thing we think about is the processor. What does a processor do and why is it a very important processor in a computer or laptop is the question that arises first. Being human, we can multitask without much confusion and this is because our core called the brain can work like this.
In the same way, a computer has a brain and it is located in the CPU that expands as a central processing unit. So in this central processing unit, we have a brain, and in that brain, there are nuclei. A care can perform a task at a time and when there are multiple cores, multiple tasks can be performed at the same time.
everal companies make processors and one of them is Intel. Intel made several processors and two of them are dual-cores and cores 2 duos. These processors changed the ability of the entire computer to multitask.
Comparison table between Dual Core and Core 2 Duo (in tabular form)
Comparison parameters Dual-cores Cores 2 Duo
|CPU speed||1200.05 MHz||797.78 MHz|
|Bus speed||200.0 MHz||133.0 MHz|
|Clock speed||1.6 to 2 GHz||1.86 to 3.0 GHz|
|L2 cache||1 MB||2MB to 4MB|
What is Dual-core?
A silicon chip in the central processing unit has two cores and this is called a Dual cores. This is made for multitasking. They are also called execution cores because they execute all the commands.
The dual-core processor is manufactured by Intel and AMD. The performance of the older versions of the processor is much lower compared to the dual-cores processor. Mainly, three important factors are affected by the introduction of dual cores.
In the older versions, the power consumption is higher and the dual-cores has much lower power consumption. The next factor is the clock speed, which is lower in dual-core than in previous versions. Next is the cache, which is less dual-core.
What is Core 2 Duo?
Core 2 duo is also a dual-core processor and the difference is that the second batch of dual-core processors are called by this name. The core 2 duo processors are a bit better as they are made in such a way that they can work in virtualization.
In this, the tasks that are given are executed separately as individual tasks due to the presence of two cores. Most machines don’t take advantage of dual processors. So for the second production line, the cores are called core 2 duo
These processors changed the performance of the system compared to the previous model. These processors are used in desktop and laptop computers in a wide range at a lower price. Even AMD made dual-core processors and named it the X2 series.
Main differences between Dual Core and Core 2 Duo
- In dual-core processors, the number of cycles that a CPU can execute a task in one second is low. While on the core 2 duo processor the CPU speed is faster, which makes the core 2 duo run faster.
- Whenever instructions are given to processors, the instructions accumulate in a pipe and this is called pipe storage. On the dual-core, the pipeline storage is higher than on the core 2 duo processor.
- During processing, data is transferred or moved across the bus. The speed at which the data moves on a bus is called the bus speed and in the dual core it is more than compared to the duo core 2. So when the bus speed is high, more data moves and executes in the processor.
- The lower the clock speed, the higher the performance of the processors and the computer. The dual-core has a lower clock speed compared to the duo core 2. This change in clock speed is very important for running any software on the computer or laptop.
- The memory that is built into a processor is generally called L2 cache and this cache size is smaller in dual core processor than in duo 2 core processors. So this made core 2 better than dual core processor. core.
- With a small difference between these two processors, the entire operating system, the software that is running and also the tasks that are running were changed and this brought many changes in the way of work and development. The subset of dual-core processors, namely the 2-core duo processors run with better clock speeds and bus speeds.
- Because single processors can perform less than dual processors, these dual-core processors and duo-core 2 processors can perform tasks at a higher speed. Later, different generations of processor development were carried out which increased the performance of multitasking even high.
Processor manufacturing companies tried to improve their sales and production by upgrading their processors. So, they developed dual-core processors that can multitask. Clock speed is very important, and for this reason, companies tried hard and developed dual-core processors.
So instead of increasing the vacuum tubes, companies began to increase the cores on a single chip just to make sure the operating system increased its performance. Processors that have two cores are called dual-core and core 2 duo is also dual-core, but the name is given as core 2 duo because they are manufactured on the second manufacturing line.
Older versions of processors took a long time to respond or multitask, and with the introduction of these dual-core processors, the entire multitasking phase changed. So when the dual-core was manufactured, the companies decided to differentiate their next versions, which is why they named the second batch as core 2 duo processors.