Best Inspirational Holiday Quotes And Reflections On Holidays And Rest
Holidays are one of the periods that we enjoy the most throughout the year and that bring us the greatest personal wealth, both spiritually and emotionally.
In them we can expand on the realization of activities that we cannot carry out in the rest of the calendar, whether for family or work, some such as: traveling, spending time with our partner, doing sports, etc.
Holidays are a period in which we dedicate our free time to what we really want to do. A great variety of thinkers, writers and all kinds of people have spoken about these over time. Would you like to know some of the most inspiring phrases that these illustrious personalities have left us?
Here are 70 quotes about Vacations that may be of interest to you .
1. On a good vacation you have nothing to do and you have all day to do it. (Robert Orben)
The free time we have on our vacations allows us to lead a different rhythm of life.
2. No man needs a vacation as much as the person who just took one. (Elbert Hubbard)
When our vacations are over we may suffer a slight depression or post vacation syndrome.
3. We don’t need more vacations, but more vocation. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
In order to enjoy a good vacation, we must have a full working life.
4. The art of rest is a part of the art of working. (John Steinbeck)
In order to be more competitive in our work, resting is essential.
5. The key to being successful is to make your vocation your vacation. ( Mark Twain )
If we enjoy working, work will become a much more pleasant task.
6. Over time, all trips end in the same place; at home. (Chris Geiger)
Returning home can be a very beautiful moment that we have all enjoyed at some time.
7. Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, take a vacation every day and simply celebrate life. (Amanda Bradley)
We must take advantage of each day of our free time to do what most fulfills or enriches us on a personal level.
8. A perpetual vacation is a good definition of hell. ( George Bernard Shaw )
The holidays can become tedious if they last too long, the grace is that they are of an average duration.
9. A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you have been taking. (Earl Wilson)
When we are burned from the work and life we lead, it is the best time to take a vacation.
10. The ant is wise, but not wise enough to take a vacation. (Clarence Day)
We all lose effectiveness in our work over time, vacations help us recover physically and mentally.
11. Happiness is living each day as if it were the first day of your honeymoon and the last day of your vacation.
Knowing how to enjoy life is something that we all must do, the little luxuries of each day that allow us to move on.
12. There is more to life than making a living. Do not work more than you live. (Mokokoma Mokhonoana)
We must work to live, not live to work.
13. Do you spend more time planning a vacation than planning your life? (Catherine Pulsifer)
The holidays are only one more part of our life, but it is the set of all of it, the good and the bad moments that can make us happy.
14. People who read on vacation always have a better time because it is a total physical and mental escape. (Jasmine Guinness)
Spending time reading will always be a good thing for us.
15. Rainy days for which a man saves usually seem to come on vacation.
The weather may not accompany us on our vacations, but we can also take advantage of this situation to relax and rest.
16. If you reject food, ignore customs, fear religion and avoid people, you better stay home. (James Michener)
Perhaps the best place to spend our vacations is our own home.
17. Man has no rest until he rests in God. (Swami Sivananda)
Taking advantage of our vacations for a spiritual retreat can be a good option.
18. To judge a man, ask not what he does, but what he does.
Nothing defines a man better than what he does in his spare time.
19. He who does not have two thirds of the day for himself is a slave, whatever he is, politician, merchant, official or scholar. ( Friedrich Nietzsche )
We all need free time to rest and relax, without that time we would be slaves to our work activity.
20. There can be no pleasant rest without previous fatigue, in the same way that there is no pleasure in food, as there is no appetite. (Mariano Aguiló)
When we are tired or hungry, it is when we most enjoy those small pleasures of life such as resting, eating, drinking.
21. Holidays demonstrate that a life of pleasure is overrated. (Mason Cooley)
Life can become very tedious if we don’t have a work activity to dedicate time to.
22. Holidays used to be a luxury, but in today’s world they have become a necessity.
With the current pace of life and the subsequent stress we suffer from it, it seems necessary to take a few vacations from time to time.
23. To rest too much is to rust. (Walter Scott)
Lack of physical and mental activity can also cause us some harm.
24. Work without haste is the greatest rest for the body. (Gregorio Marañón).
When we have enough time to rest is when we recover the most.
25. An adventure trip has no substitute. It is the last experience, your great opportunity to let go of instinct. (Rosalind Massow)
The best trips are always those that we see as if they were a great adventure.
26. For me, a vacation tries to take a book, go to the mountains and read. (Sonam Kapoor)
Reading can be a great pleasure for us and our vacations can provide us with the time we need to dedicate to it.
27. Be an explorer. The universe is full of wonders and magical things. (Flavia)
Traveling is a pleasure that the vast majority of us can only do on our vacations.
28. Even when you take a break from technology, technology doesn’t take a break from you. (Douglas Coupland)
Social networks and technology are always with us, even when we take a vacation.
29. When there is no rest in oneself, it is useless to look elsewhere. (François de la Rochefoucauld)
In order to rest fully, we must be able to silence our thoughts and concerns.
30. Every man who can, should take a month-long vacation once a year, whether or not he feels he should. (William James)
We need our own free time, thanks to it we can think more clearly and organize our priorities.
31. It is not the amount of time you spend in a place that makes it memorable; it’s the way you spend time. (David Brenner)
To fully enjoy our free time, we must carry out those activities that enrich us the most.
32. Time well spent results in more money to spend, more money to save and more time on vacation. (Zig Ziglar)
Reaching a good socioeconomic level will allow us to enjoy a better vacation.
33. Find a job where you don’t need a vacation. (Debasish Mridha MD)
The best jobs are those that we enjoy doing, that we are passionate about.
34. The most joyous moment in human life is in the departure for unknown lands. (Richard Burton)
A journey into the unknown can be a vital source of inspiration.
35. If your job requires traveling, you will understand that there is no better vacation destination than home. (Park Chan-Wook)
Our home will always be the place where we can rest more fully.
36. When all else fails, take a vacation. (Betty Williams)
In situations of stress and discomfort is when we need time for ourselves the most.
37. As you grow up, you learn some things. One of them is actually taking the time you have allotted for vacation. (John Battelle)
We must recognize when we need to take a break, this way we will be much more effective on our return.
38. I am not anxious about vacation. They always seem like a ridiculously expensive way to prove that there is nothing like home. (Jilly Cooper)
After a long journey we will always want to return home.
39. Rest is just as necessary as work. If you don’t work, you don’t rest well. If you don’t rest, you don’t work well.
Rest and work feed each other, both activities need each other.
40. The bigger the summer vacation, the bigger the fall.
Taking the necessary and just time will help us to come back with more force, the time of more will not favor us.
41. On their vacations the rich go to see the world; the poor go to see their parents. (Mokokoma Mokhonoana)
Trips to the land of our roots can help us be more grateful for our lives today.
42. All the happiness that humanity can achieve is not in pleasure, but in the rest of pain. (John Dryden)
We all need time to recover from the most painful situations.
43. By far, mothers and housewives are the only workers who do not have free time. They are the biggest class without a vacation. (Anne Morrow Lindbergh)
Housewives are always in their workplace, we must share the tasks with them because we all live under the same roof and have the same obligations.
44. The holidays are not so much about opening gifts as opening our hearts. (Janice Maeditere)
The best moments are those that give us the most emotionally, we must learn to enjoy them.
45. We are so used to working that not working is the new hard work. (Mokokoma Mokhonoana)
Not going to work can also cause stress, knowing how to use our time productively can help us feel fulfilled.
46. There are three difficult things: keeping a secret, bearing a grievance, and using leisure well. (Quilón)
Using our free time effectively can be an art that many of us do not have to master.
47. Without work, you don’t get rest, just like without a fight you don’t get victory. (Thomas of Kempis)
Work will also provide us with the moments of greatest rest, there is nothing like resting when tired.
48. The one who returns from a trip is not the same as the one who left. (Proverb of Chinese origin)
All the vital experiences that we live throughout our lives will help us evolve as individuals.
49. A vacation should be long enough for your boss to miss you, and not too long for him to discover how well he can manage without you.
The best vacations are always the shortest, with them we can incorporate ourselves into working life in a more optimal way.
50. If you come home as happy as you left, you have had a good vacation.
We will always remember those pleasant moments that we lived during our vacations.
51. Leisure, if not accompanied by study, is death and burial in the life of man. (Seneca)
Taking advantage of our free time to grow intellectually can be a great help in life.
52. The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it. (Henry David Thoreau)
Time is the real currency of payment, because once you spend it you will never get it back.
53. I hope the trip is the best of all trips: a trip to ourselves. (Shirley MacLaine)
Any trip helps us to know and understand ourselves better.
54. We come to the sunny beaches to take care of keeping the sun away from our skin, the salt out of our bodies and the sand out of our belongings. (Erma Bombeck)
We should enjoy everything that our vacations offer us, without fear of what they can bring us.
55. College is the longest vacation you’ll ever have. (Dan Indante)
When we are adults and discover the intense working life, we realize that until then we were on vacation.
56. Happiness lies in the leisure of the spirit. (Aristotle)
In order to achieve happiness, we must have moments of leisure and recreation.
57. A vacation is like love: anticipated with love, experienced with discomfort and remembered with nostalgia.
During that period of time we live a lot of emotions that we will always remember.
58. Holidays are attractive only in the first week. After that, there is no more news in getting up late and having little to do. (Margaret Laurence)
Excessively long vacations can get boring, the grace of them is in its just duration.
59. A good vacation ends when you start longing for your job. (Morris Fishbein)
When we work on something that we are passionate about, the return to activity can take a long time.
60. Don’t celebrate the holidays before they arrive.
A phrase that can remind us a lot to the saying: do not bandage the bear’s skin before hunting it.
61. Many people’s vacations are not voyages of discovery, but rituals of tranquility. (Philip Andrew Adams)
The search for tranquility is something that many of us decided to undertake in this period of time.
62. Leisure time is the best of all acquisitions. (Socrates)
Free time is a very valuable asset that we should not part with.
63. The greatest rest is to be free from guilt. (Cicero)
When we are consistent with our actions and thoughts, it is when we achieve the most serenity.
64. I do not consider free someone who does not sometimes have their leisure time. (Cicero)
Without free time we would be nothing more than mere slaves to our activity.
65. Laughter is an instant vacation. (Milton Berle)
Humor is something that helps us forget about our problems and makes us enjoy the present.
66. A vacation is one spent with people whose notions of time are vaguer than yours. (John B. Priestly)
Taking advantage of our free time to be with our loved ones is a very good option.
67. When you like your job, every day is a vacation. (Frank Tyger)
Those who work for something that they are passionate about are undoubtedly very lucky.
68. It takes some distance, because in this way the work seems smaller, most of it can be assimilated in the blink of an eye, and the lack of harmony and proportion is easier to see. (Leonardo da Vinci)
To be more effective in our work activity, we must enjoy free time to relax.
69. Happiness consists in living each day as if it were the first day of your honeymoon and the last day of your vacation. (León Tolstoy)
We must live in the present and be grateful for everything we have in life.
70. All kinds of life, without alternative breaks, are not lasting. (Ovid)
Without free time and rest our lives would be hopelessly shortened.